The Church of St Mary the Virgin stands at the centre of the village, opposite the Village Hall and next to one of the principal houses of the village, Hunton Court, once home to former Prime Minister Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman. A church has existed on the site since at least Saxon times and the current building largely dates from the 13th century. It is Grade 1 listed.
St Mary’s is a beautiful church with many fine features including a magnificent, recently restored, Canterbury window and historically important medieval doors, which have recently been professionally restored. The Friends of St Mary’s is an active fundraising group of villagers working closely with the PCC’s Fabric Committee to ensure that the church fabric is maintained. With the Friends’ assistance, a considerable amount of work has been done to improve and maintain the fabric in recent years. Donations from local individuals and grant funding have also played a part in ensuring that the historic Church fabric is maintained to a high standard.
Click here to read the latest copies of the ‘Hunton Herald’ local village newsletter.
More information on the village and local activities can be found on the village website, www.hunton.org.uk
Upcoming Services and Events at Hunton
- Sunday Communion at Hunton on 03/07/2022 9:30 am
- Sunday Morning Worship at Hunton on 17/07/2022 9:30 am
- Sunday Communion at Hunton on 07/08/2022 9:30 am
- Sunday Morning Worship at Hunton on 21/08/2022 9:30 am
- Sunday Communion at Hunton on 04/09/2022 9:30 am
- Sunday Morning Worship at Hunton on 18/09/2022 9:30 am