All Saints is a small Norman church, built around 1100 AD and situated in a beautiful open position near the river. It stands in a fine square churchyard, still open for burials, and opposite the cricket ground which has been described in Wisden as ‘one of the most beautiful in England’. It has several notable architectural features such as two tufa arches thought to have been removed from a nearby Roman settlement.
The bell tower houses three 17th century bells, hung for chiming only, which are now controlled electronically. The church has been adapted at intervals to meet the needs of the parish. The most recent reordering was in 2006 and has left a church with a modern flavour with comfortable, stacking chairs, a fully carpeted interior, a servery, modern sound and lighting, a stage and a fine electric organ.
Set in a stunning location on the slopes of the River Medway, you will find a warm welcome to this beautiful church at all its services and activities. The church has a car park and is available to hire as a function and meeting space – click here for further details.
Click here to read the latest West Farleigh newsletters.
Upcoming Services and Events at West Farleigh
- Little Angels at West Farleigh on 10/02/2023 1:00 pm
- Sunday Communion at West Farleigh on 12/02/2023 9:30 am
- Little Angels at West Farleigh on 24/02/2023 1:00 pm
- Sunday Morning Worship at West Farleigh on 26/02/2023 9:30 am
- Little Angels at West Farleigh on 03/03/2023 1:00 pm
- Little Angels at West Farleigh on 10/03/2023 1:00 pm