On behalf of the ministry team, we are pleased to be announcing a transitional re-opening of our church buildings for socially distanced public worship. Our Monday-Friday opening for private prayer will continue.
We will continue to hold online (Zoom) services each Sunday at 10.30 which many from across the benefice are valuing.
To connect to those go to http://bit.ly/UnitedBenefice or dial in on 0203 481 5237 and use Meeting ID: 185 124 308
In addition, we will offer the following services from July 19th (3rd Sunday). Please note that we must maintain social distancing at all times, and follow measures in place for infection control and keeping each other safe.
|8am Holy Communion||9.30am||10.30am|
|1st Sunday in month||none||Hunton, Holy Communion||Online|
|2nd Sunday in month||Linton||West Farleigh, Morning prayer||Online + HC|
|3rd Sunday in month||none||East Farleigh, Holy Communion and
Hunton, Family Service
|4th Sunday in month||East Farleigh||Linton, Morning Prayer||Online + HC|
|Each Thursday: Coxheath, BCP Holy Communion at 10am|
Please note that all these services are for anybody across the benefice who wishes to attend, and not just those from a particular parish. Do also note, however, that there is a physical limit on the numbers permitted at one time in each building. Our maximum numbers are Coxheath: 26; East Farleigh: 40; Hunton: 30; Linton: 35; West Farleigh: 21. Pews and chairs will be marked to show where we may safely sit.
If you are currently not able to worship in church due to shielding or other vulnerability, please do let me know. The response to the re-opening will guide our decisions about future plans and longer-term scheduling across our churches.
Note also that the following rules must be adhered to:
- Hand sanitiser should be used by all attending.
- Everybody must keep 2m apart
- Government guidance includes a request for names of attendees to be recorded and kept for 21 days to assist ‘track and trace’ if required. We will make best efforts to do this.
- Singing is not permitted, although playing the piano, organ or stringed instruments is allowed. Music may be used before/after a service and for reflection.
- No refreshments can be served.
- Service books/sheets will either be:
- Single use, and taken home afterwards.
- Allocated to an individual to take home and bring back when required.
- Placed after use in a box labelled “Last used on (date)” and kept in a safe place.
Any of these three options will avoid re-use within 72 hours.
- Passing the collection plate/bag is not permitted, so there will be the opportunity to give through a retiring offering.
- For Holy Communion
- Elements will be provided by the president (using travelling Communion kits)
- No sharing of the peace with physical contact is permitted
- Communion can be taken in one kind only (wafer/bread)
- The president will sanitise hands before the prayer of consecration, and the elements will remain covered until distribution.
- Communion rails will not be used – bread/wafers will be distributed to individuals whilst standing and social distancing must be maintained at all times.
We are entering a new phase in our church life which will require adjustment for all of us. Please do pray for the team, and continue to pray for and support each other.
I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!” Psalm 122:1